3822 42nd Ave SW
5 bed | 1.75 bath | 2,585 sq ft | $938,000
1.75 baths (1 + .75)
2,585 sq ft
3,600 sq ft lot
Period details Wood fireplace
Deluxe, walkable neighborhood
Genesee Hill Elementary
May 9 (Sa)
Due to COVID, call to arrange a viewing! Desiree 206-853-8218
From the sellers...
When we moved to Seattle, we had no idea how lucky we were to find a house in this West Seattle neighborhood. Easy access to all that West Seattle has to offer. Wonderful neighbors. A charming house. We couldn’t imagine living anywhere else.
We have loved it here and made many improvements that the next owners will appreciate. It has been well loved! As we prepare for our next phase in life, here are some of the things we have loved most about this home.
1. Morning sun, coffee, and breakfast on the back deck.
2. The front living room. Sunny windows and warm fires on chilly evenings.
3. Family meals at the dining room table. Especially now, we appreciate ample space to eat together.
4. Front porch living. We love to sit above the street on the steps (or the custom built benches made by our neighbor) and watch the street life--the kids playing, walkers, runners, bicyclists, garderners. All of it. Sunsets too.
5. Walkability! Strolling to Husky Deli for summer ice cream. Easy proximity to both Alaska and Admiral Junctions for the Farmer’s Market, PCC, Metropolitan Market, coffee shops.
Plus the schools--Genesee Hill, Madison, and WSHS. Plus the parks. This is a great home for getting out of the car.
6. Spacious living areas for a family: the living room, the downstairs family room, the deck, and yard. Also, relatively large bedrooms as our kids of all ages have needed to retreat to their rooms.
7. Friendly neighbors. The thing we will miss most will be the thoughtful, friendly neighbors.
Valerie, Wally, Katherine, Charlotte, and Gigi
Map 3822 42nd Ave SWClick to Map
Let's talk shop!
Windermere West Seattle
4526 California Ave SW
Seattle, WA 98116 www.DesireeLoughlin.com
Elite representation for buyers and sellers since 2001.